DO YOU MAKE PATIENT CARE A PRIORITY? WE DO. IF YOU DO, JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY!
PathCare is a partnership of pathologists in private practice across South Africa that has been assisting doctors and healthcare professionals determine or confirm diagnoses since 1922. We are registered with the HPCSA (Health Professions Council of South Africa) and all our laboratories are SANAS accredited.
An opportunity exists for an Experienced Night Duty Medical Technician to join the PathCare family at our Umhlanga branch in KZN. We are seeking an individual who displays a high level of ethics and integrity while consistently aligning with the PathCare values.
Key Competency Requirements
- Medical Technician Certificate in Clinical Pathology
- Current registration with the HPCSA in Clinical Pathology
- Computer literate with Meditech knowledge advantageous
- Knowledge/understanding of the stock management system
- 3-5 years Clinpath experience post HPCSA registration
- Experience in technical procedure development and implementation
- Experience in maintaining QA Systems
- Experienced in performing manual Differential Counts is highly advantageous
- Client-focused with strong interpersonal relations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Display initiative
- Problem-solving ability (including QC and instrument related)
- Effective verbal and electronic communication skills
- Ability to oversee and train junior staff and students
- Ability to work under pressure and display resilience and tenacity in challenging situations
- Must be fluent in English with an understanding of Afrikaans
- Must be prepared to work shifts, weekends & public holidays
- Must have an acceptable track record/performance record with regard to the technical and behavioural competencies required to perform in this position
Join the PathCare team and enjoy partnering with thought-leaders and experts in the pathology and diagnostics field while impacting on the lives of patients. Your contribution to the company will be rewarded with a market-related remuneration package which includes a subsidised pension fund, 13th cheque, a health care allowance and discounted pathology tests. Through our partnership with The PathCare Academy, we emphasise our commitment to lifelong learning and development of our talent.
Applicants who meet the criteria and are interested in joining our dynamic team may email firstname.lastname@example.org Please include a comprehensive CV detailing the level and extent of your knowledge, skills and competencies required for this position.
Closing date: Friday, 7th August 2020
Please note: by applying for this position, your application will be subject to verification checks of your driver’s licence, ID document, qualifications/proof of registration, credit and criminal checks if required. Candidates must be willing to participate in a rigorous evaluation process.
PathCare is committed to the pursuit of excellence and diversity in achieving our equity targets and the organisation’s approved Employment Equity plan will be considered as part of the talent acquisition process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.