DO YOU MAKE PATIENT CARE A PRIORITY? WE DO. IF YOU DO, JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY!
PathCare is a partnership of pathologists in private practice across South Africa that has been assisting doctors and healthcare professionals determine or confirm diagnoses since 1922. We are registered with the HPCSA (Health Professions Council of South Africa) and all our laboratories are SANAS accredited.
An opportunity exists for a Medical Transcriber to join the PathCare family at our Bloemfontein branch. We seek an individual with a high level of ethics and integrity who displays a proven track record of aligning with the PathCare values.
Key Competency Requirements
- Grade 12 proficiency
- Fully bilingual in English and Afrikaans
- Computer literate with a minimum typing speed of 50-60 wpm
- Proficient in dictaphone, transcription and capturing tasks/procedures will be advantageous
- Extensive Medical Transcriber experience in a Pathology environment
- Knowledge of Medical and Pathology terminology will be advantageous
- Must have an acceptable track record/performance record with regard to the technical and behavioural competencies required to perform in this position
- Effective communication, listening skills and interpersonal skills
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, unsupervised and part of a team
- A positive attitude & flexible work-style
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be prepared to work shifts, weekends & public holidays
Join the PathCare team and enjoy partnering with thought-leaders and experts in the pathology and diagnostics field while impacting on the lives of patients. Your contribution to the company will be rewarded with a market-related remuneration package which includes a subsidised pension fund, 13th cheque, health care allowance and discounted pathology tests. Through our partnership with The PathCare Academy, we emphasise our commitment to lifelong learning and development of our talent.
Applicants who meet the criteria and are interested in joining our dynamic team may email firstname.lastname@example.org Please include a comprehensive CV and cover letter detailing the level and extent of your knowledge, skills and competencies required for this position.
Closing date: Friday, 13th December 2019
Please note: by applying for this position, your application will be subject to verification checks of your driver’s license, Identity Document, qualifications/proof of registration, credit and criminal checks if required. Candidates must be willing to participate in a rigorous evaluation process.
PathCare is committed to the pursuit of excellence and diversity in achieving our equity targets and the organisation’s approved Employment Equity plan will be considered as part of the talent acquisition process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.