DO YOU MAKE PATIENT CARE A PRIORITY? WE DO. IF YOU DO, JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY!
PathCare is a partnership of pathologists in private practice across South Africa that has been assisting doctors and healthcare professionals determine or confirm diagnoses since 1922. We are registered with the HPCSA (Health Professions Council of South Africa) and all our laboratories are SANAS accredited.
An opportunity exists for a QA Coordinator to join the PathCare family in the QA Division at our N1 City branch in Cape Town. We seek a professional with a high level of ethics and integrity who displays a proven track record with aligning with the PathCare values.
Key Competency Requirements
- Medical Technologist/Scientist with a Clinical Pathology qualification (Registered with HPCSA)
- Computer literate in MS Word, MS Excel
- Must have a valid code 08 drivers’ license
- Knowledge of quality control and quality assurance procedures
- Knowledge of ISO/IEC 15189 standard, ISO/IEC 17025 standard, Occupational Health and Safety Act of South Africa, OHSAS 18001 and SANAS requirements
- Minimum 5 years post qualification experience in an ISO/IEC 15189 accredited Clinical Pathology Laboratory
- Minimum 2 years experience in maintaining QA systems
- Relevant experience in a supervisory capacity
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills are key competencies
- Must be able to work under pressure independently and as part of a team
- Good organisational skills
- Effective communication skills, verbal as well as written
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Fluent in English and Afrikaans
- Must be willing to travel extensively
- Must have an acceptable track record/performance record with regard to the technical and behavioural competencies required to perform in this position
- Drive compliance of the PathCare quality management system (including matters of risks and safety) at all sites by providing effective tools
- Responsible for the development and improvement of new and effective functional processes and systems
- Continuously review systems and verify implementation of new and existing systems
- Giving support to laboratories and timeous follow-up after the implementation of system changes
- Manage, plan, handle and finalise validations and verifications as per procedures in co-operation with the discipline pathologist
- Write, re-write, review and approve SOPs
- Performing internal audits as per relevant procedures
- Support the laboratories with general QA problems, QC troubleshooting and queries.
- Provide QA related training to laboratories
Join the PathCare team and enjoy partnering with thought-leaders and experts in the pathology and diagnostics field while impacting on the lives of patients. Your contribution to the company will be rewarded with a market-related remuneration package which includes a subsidised pension fund, 13th cheque, health care allowance and discounted pathology tests. Through our partnership with The PathCare Academy, we emphasise our commitment to lifelong learning and development of our talent.
Applicants who meet the criteria and are interested in joining our dynamic team may email firstname.lastname@example.org Please include a comprehensive CV and cover letter detailing the level and extent of your knowledge, skills and competencies required for this position.
Closing date: Friday, 21st February 2020
Please note: by applying for this position, your application will be subject to verification checks of your driver’s license, Identity Document, qualifications/proof of registration, credit and criminal checks if required. Candidates must be willing to participate in a rigorous evaluation process.
PathCare is committed to the pursuit of excellence and diversity in achieving our equity targets and the organisation’s approved Employment Equity plan will be considered as part of the talent acquisition process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.