DO YOU MAKE PATIENT CARE A PRIORITY? WE DO. IF YOU DO, JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY!
PathCare is a partnership of pathologists in private practice across South Africa that has been assisting doctors and healthcare professionals determine or confirm diagnoses since 1922. We are registered with the HPCSA (Health Professions Council of South Africa) and all our laboratories are SANAS accredited.
An opportunity exists for a Senior Medical Technologist to join the team at our Ballito branch. We are seeking an individual who displays a high level of ethics and integrity while consistently aligning with the PathCare values.
Key Competency Requirements
- National diploma/degree as a Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist in Clinical Pathology
- Current registration with the HPCSA in Clinical Pathology
- Relevant business/laboratory management qualification is advantageous
- Intermediate computer literacy (LIMS, Microsoft Office)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- 8 years experience post HPCSA registration in a Clinical Pathology environment
- General management/supervisory experience in a Clinical Pathology setting
- Experience in QC review processes and experience in maintaining QA systems including SANAS audits
- Experience in technical procedure development and implementation
- A proven track record of displaying leadership abilities including delegating and team building
- Experience in training staff
- A proven track record of building and maintaining positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Client focused with strong interpersonal relations
- Effective verbal and electronic communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Emotional intelligence
- Planning and organisational skills with effective time management ability
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and display resilience and tenacity in challenging situations
- Leadership and decision-making skills
- Advanced problem-solving ability (including advanced trouble-shooting)
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people
- Ability to influence and motivate staff
- Willingness to work shifts when needed
- Supporting the Laboratory manager by supervising and delegating if and when required
- Mentor, develop and train team members
- Manage reagents and equipment
- Perform advanced maintenance, housekeeping and troubleshooting of technical problems
- Participate in the consistent implementation of operational processes, to the standards of “best practice” while optimising the use of laboratory resources
- Handle complaints and queries timeously and effectively
- Investigate, recommend and implement initiatives to improve operational efficiencies
Join the PathCare team and enjoy partnering with thought-leaders and experts in the pathology and diagnostics field while impacting on the lives of patients. Your contribution to the company will be rewarded with a market-related remuneration package which includes a subsidised pension fund, 13th cheque, a health care allowance and discounted pathology tests. Through our partnership with The PathCare Academy, we emphasise our commitment to lifelong learning and development of our talent.
Applicants who meet the criteria and are interested in joining our dynamic team may email email@example.com Please include a comprehensive CV detailing the level and extent of your knowledge, skills and competencies required for this position.
Closing date: Thursday, 26th November 2020
Please note: by applying for this position, your application will be subject to verification checks of your driver’s licence, ID document, qualifications/proof of registration, credit and criminal checks if required. Candidates must be willing to participate in a rigorous evaluation process.
PathCare is committed to the pursuit of excellence and diversity in achieving our equity targets and the organisation’s approved Employment Equity plan will be considered as part of the talent acquisition process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.