DO YOU MAKE PATIENT CARE A PRIORITY? WE DO. IF YOU DO, JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY!
PathCare is a partnership of pathologists in private practice across South Africa that has been assisting doctors and healthcare professionals determine or confirm diagnoses since 1922. We are registered with the HPCSA (Health Professions Council of South Africa) and all our laboratories are SANAS accredited.
The PathCare Academy invites responsible and respectable individuals who possess a well-developed work ethic and who are responsive to customer needs to apply for the Academy training programmes commencing in 2020.
Key Competency Requirements
- Student Medical Laboratory Technician Programme – Grade 12 with mathematics and physical science/life science/biology with a minimum 50% or D pass for all subjects
- Phlebotomy Technician Learnership – Grade 12 with mathematics or maths literacy and life science/biology, with a minimum 50% or D pass for both subjects
- Read, write and speak English fluently
- Read, write and understand basic Afrikaans
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Ability to work under pressure and study rigorously
- Possess a well developed work ethic
- Willing to collect and/or process blood and body products
- Ability to provide excellent service and be responsive to customer needs
- Willingness to work shifts and after hours as required
The competitive selection process will include:
- Screening of applications and academic results
- Selected candidates will be shortlisted and invited to undergo written proficiency tests
- Highest scoring candidates on the above will be invited to attend panel interviews
It is specifically brought to the attention of interested persons that only those candidates who fully comply with the application instructions, score the highest in the competitive testing and interview processes, and who are deemed most suitable will be selected.
Theoretical training will take place at the PathCare Academy in Cape Town or in Pretoria (students will be allocated according to seats available), and practical training will take place at various PathCare laboratories across South Africa.
Individuals who meet the criteria and are interested in applying for a place on these programmes should print and complete the application form. Completed application forms along with all supporting documents may be hand delivered to the PathCare Academy, 1 Birmingham Street, N1 City, Goodwood OR placed in an envelope clearly marked PathCare Academy and posted to PO Box 13406, N1 City, Goodwood, 7460.
Closing date: Friday, 27th September 2019
DOWNLOAD Phlebotomy Technician Learnership
DOWNLOAD Student Medical Technician Programme
Please note: Candidates are to carefully note the requirements for their chosen programme and ensure that they meet the requirements. By applying for this position, your application will be subject to verification checks of your driver’s licence, ID document, qualifications, credit and criminal checks if required. Candidates must be willing to participate in a rigorous evaluation process.
PathCare is committed to the pursuit of excellence and diversity in achieving our equity targets and the organisation’s approved Employment Equity plan will be considered as part of the talent acquisition process.