DO YOU MAKE PATIENT CARE A PRIORITY? WE DO. IF YOU DO, JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY!
PathCare is a partnership of pathologists in private practice across South Africa that has been assisting doctors and healthcare professionals determine or confirm diagnoses since 1922. We are registered with the HPCSA (Health Professions Council of South Africa) and all our laboratories are SANAS accredited.
An opportunity exists for a Training Specialist (Microbiology) join the team at our PathCare Academy in Goodwood, Cape Town. We are seeking an individual who displays a high level of ethics and integrity while consistently aligning with the PathCare values.
Key Competency Requirements
- Registration with the HPCSA as a qualified Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist (Clinical Pathology)
- Advanced computer skills utilising MSOffice programmes. Additional information technology skills with blended learning experience highly advantageous
- At least five years of relevant technical experience as a registered professional
- A proven track record of excellent co-ordination and administration skills
- Possess technical knowledge, experience (theory and practical), and a passion in the following topic areas (where designing and delivering training will be required):
- Basic methodologies and principles of the tests outlined in the relevant syllabi for intern technologists and technicians
- Exceptional knowledge of all tests and techniques pertaining to the discipline of Microbiology
- Exceptional microscopy experience in Microbiology and Haematology (diff training ranging from normal cells and progressing to abnormal cells)
- Superb interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively and sensitively in the written and spoken word
- Highly developed diversity sensitivity and an ability to respectfully interact with persons from varied backgrounds
- A proven ability to work both independently and as part of teams
- An ability to work individually and creatively with a consistent positive attitude in a variety of contexts
The successful applicant should preferably also meet the following criteria (deemed advantageous) or possess the ability to acquire the knowledge/skills and meet the criteria within six months:
- Experience in delivering on the bench training as well as facilitation of technical workshops
- Experience in designing and delivering online training videos and case studies
- Experience in designing training programmes and assessment instruments
Join the PathCare team and enjoy partnering with thought-leaders and experts in the pathology and diagnostics field while impacting on the lives of patients. Your contribution to the company will be rewarded with a market-related remuneration package which includes a subsidised pension fund, 13th cheque, a health care allowance and discounted pathology tests. Through our partnership with The PathCare Academy, we emphasise our commitment to lifelong learning and development of our talent.
Please note that candidates will be required to undergo written pre-interview tests; oral presentations/mock training exercises; and panel interviews in order to assess competence against the above criteria.
Applicants who meet the criteria and are interested in joining our dynamic team may email email@example.com Please include a comprehensive CV and cover letter detailing the level and extent of your knowledge, skills and competencies required for this position.
Closing date: Monday, 30th November 2020
Please note: by applying for this position, your application will be subject to verification checks of your driver’s licence, ID document, qualifications/proof of registration, credit and criminal checks if required. Candidates must be willing to participate in a rigorous evaluation process.
PathCare is committed to the pursuit of excellence and diversity in achieving our equity targets and the organisation’s approved Employment Equity plan will be considered as part of the talent acquisition process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.