PathCare is a people-focused, technology-driven pathology practice.
We offer an extensive range of screening and diagnostic tests to support the prevention and management of disease in both the health care sector and agricultural industry.
PathCare is a partnership of pathologists in private practice that offers our services across the country. Our footprint stretches beyond the South African borders. We have operations in Lesotho and Namibia. Our Namibia website can be found on www.pathcarenamibia.com.
We have an excellent record of assisting doctors and other professionals to manage disease and improve healthcare since 1922 .
Corporate Social Involvement
The Seven Passes initiative is a youth development and educational organisation that seeks to prevent youth involvement in crime by providing quality after school care.
We do this through homework clubs and other educational activities including sport, music and drama. The initiative aims to alleviate poverty by raising the educational level of the community.
- We were the first to enhance the quality of pre-analytical care of patient specimens by collecting specimens directly from hospitals and doctor’s rooms.
- We were the first to introduce standards that have led to overall improvements in the industry. Our laboratories were the first to achieve accreditation to ISO 15189 through the South African National Accreditation System (SANAS).
- We opened the first radioimmunoassay laboratory in private practice.
- PathCare was the first laboratory in the southern hemisphere to institute a fully computerised information system.
- We were the first to introduce a robotic automated chemistry immunodiagnostics testing system, and our microbiology laboratory was also the first in Africa to be automated.
- We were the first laboratory service that introduced a result App (IOS and Android) to improve quality and efficiency of delivering patient results to clinicians.
- We were also the first pathology practice in South Africa to set-up a Student Training Academy to supply the industry with skilled technologists, technicians and phlebotomists.
PathCare foster innovation in order to remain relevant to the health care needs of all South Africans. We are committed to deliver an accessible, affordable, reliable, and high quality service efficiently and on time, every time.